Dr Smirnova offers confinement services at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and Prince of Wales Private Hospital. Patients wishing to have their babies at RPA have a choice of being booked in Labour Ward or Birth Centre.
RPA hospital is a tertiary referral hospital with highest level 3 obstetric and neonatal facilities.
Pregnancy care includes pre pregnancy counselling, management of low and high-risk pregnancies, delivery and post partum review.
Dr Smirnova provides the following obstetric services:
· Management of low risk pregnancies with aim towards normal vaginal delivery
· Management of complicated and high risk pregnancies including
· Multiple pregnancies
· Pregnancies on the background of advanced maternal age
· IVF pregnancies
· Pregnancies in women with pre existing medical problems
· Pregnancies in women with complicated past obstetric history including previous pregnancy loss, pre-term birth, pre eclampsia/eclampsia, GDM
· Pregnancies complicated by high blood pressure, gestational diabetes,
abnormal placentation including placenta praevia and placenta accreta/percreta
· management of recurrent early pregnancy loss
· management of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage